Nu Woman Beauty & Hair
Further Terms and Conditions
By booking with Nu Woman Beauty, you agree with our terms and conditions.
A. Nu Woman Beauty does not accept liability for any damages or losses beyond that covered by the consultant’s Direct liability insurance. Each artist is responsible for their own liability insurance cover. This cover exists to protect both the artist and the client.
B. The prices for hair artistry is dependent on the style and time required to complete to the desired effect for the bridal/shoot/wedding occasion or booking. Having very long hair, adding lasting curls to long straight hair, intricate plaiting, weaving, braiding etc will increases the price.
C. It is very important that you advise your consultant of any sensitivities, allergies or contact lenses you may have before booking.
D. We reserve the right to refuse refunds on items listed on an advanced invoice. Any items/services cancelled off advanced invoice less than 5 days before may be charged at full price.
E. Your consultant reserves the right (normally as a very last resort) to cancel the booking at any time without liability, due to the following;
1. Inclement weather conditions - (Snow, blizzards, icy conditions)
2. Act of God - (Earth quake, land slide, Struck by lightning,floods)
3. Sudden illness - (Heart attack, major nationwide flu/disease epidemic)
4. Accidents - (Involved in an accident or witness to an accident).
5. Mechanical breakdown etc which results in delays getting to you on the booking or prevents your consultant from fulfilling the booking.
In the event of cancellation and your consultant/ Nu Woman Beauty not being able to find a personally recommended alternative makeup artist to complete the wedding day booking, the full extent of my liabilities would be to fully refund your money.
F. You the clients cannot make a last minute adjustments by cancelling members of the bridal party from your booking once the invoice paid 5 days prior to your wedding. You can however add to the bridal party invoice for further services.
G. Should any member of the bridal party become abusive, threatening, offensive and/or violent, or does not arrive as required/is not available or is late to the venue for their services to be delivered as per itinerary or availability of consultant, we/your consultant reserve the right to terminate the service without a refund.
H. A parking space in close proximity to the venue where the consultant will be carrying out the duties/ client makeover will be required, as this is the responsibility of the bride/client to pay any fee's in advance to cover the time required by the consultant/stylist to complete the entire job. Should the consultant have to find paid parking, we reserve the right to invoice you for the balance of that charge. Should any aspect of the booking be different from that offered to the booking agents or consultant, we reserve the right to charge for additional time spent or services.
I. In respect of a discounted booking:
If you cancel or choose not to use that booking then you are not entitled to a refund of the Discount or any reinstatement of the Promotion; If you are entitled to compensation (for these purposes compensation includes a full or partial refund, credit or some other form of compensation) for that booking then such compensation shall not include the amount of the Discount; If you change that booking then you will not be entitled to a refund of the Discount or reinstatement of the Promotion BUT if the booking is maintained and is changed only by adding product(s) then the value of the Discount is retained.
Rejection, refusal and cancellation.
J. The client shall inform the makeup artist of any issues that may affect the use of any equipment or products. This includes but is not limited to sensitivities, allergies and medical conditions. The makeup artist cannot be held liable for any losses that are incurred due to the client’s failure to inform them of any know condition.
K. If an assignment is commissioned and subsequently cancelled, reduced in scope or frustrated by an act or omission on the part of the Client or any third party the Client shall pay the Make- up Artist/consultant the full contract sum unless otherwise agreed in advance.
L. The liability of the Make-up Artist/consultant shall be limited to the invoiced value of work, unless the potential for such liability is expressly notified to the Make-up Artist in writing prior to commencement of assignment.
M. The make-up artist/consultant shall have no liability to the Client for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising from any provision of the Specified Service based upon Input Material or instructions supplied by the Client which are incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate, illegible, out of sequence or in the wrong form, or arising from their late arrival or non-arrival, or any other fault of the Client.
N. All brushes and makeup products are kept sanitary and are sanitised between every makeup application. Makeup products used are hypoallergenic. Any skin condition should be reported by the client to the makeup artist prior to application and, if need be, a sample test of makeup may be performed on the skin to test reaction. Client(s) agree to release the makeup artist, from liability for any skin complications due to allergic reactions.
O. The Makeup Artist/Consultant shall not be liable to the Client or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the Supplier's obligations in relation to the Specified Service, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the make-up artist's reasonable control, including any fault or failure of the Client or parties to arrive on time.
Time management is of the essence therefore adherence to appointment times is critical in ensuring that the consultant/stylist delivers the service you expect. Therefore when making appointment trial times and itinerary times for the wedding day please note that these times must be strictly adhered to. Should unforeseen circumstances arise, the onus is on the bride to advise the consultant/stylist as soon as practicable. The consultant/stylist is not responsible if the desired completion time is not met due to wedding party individual delays.
Q. Responsibilities of the Client
1. The Client/bride shall inform the consultant of any issues that may affect the use of any equipment and or products at the time of booking. This includes but not limited to sensitivities, allergies and medical conditions. The assigned make-up artist and/or hair stylist cannot be held liable for any losses that are incurred due to the client's failure to inform them of any known condition.
2. The client shall inform the assigned make-up artist and/or hair stylist (client) as soon as reasonably practicable but not less than 72 hours of any cancellations of consultations or appointments or limitations to the booking. Failure to provide the requisite notice will result in the relevant charges being added to your account.
3. The client shall pay the deposit and the balance listed on the confirmation invoice by the due dates listed on their confirmation invoice. Failure to pay the deposit will result in the booking being released. Invoices can be sent out up to and on the day before the booking and immediate/same day payment will be required.
Nu Woman Beauty – Booking Agents
1. Nu Woman Beauty (hereinafter referred to as NWB) acts entirely as a booking Agent on behalf of the Consultant/makeup artist (who can be contacted care of Nu Woman Beauty and also via NWB address and email). Once the booking has been confirmed the contract is between the person (hereinafter referred to as The client) making the booking who also agrees to be responsible for all other members of his or her party.
2. NWB cannot accept liability for the acts or omissions of the consultant NWB does not warrant and accepts any responsibility for the accuracy of any verbal or written information or statements made by its Agents, Consultants, Makeup Artists or Stylists. All sizes and distances are approximated. Errors and Omissions Excepted.
3. Bookings will be made upon receipt of a deposit.
4. Payment of the balance of the total cost of the booking is due between two weeks and 1 day before the date of the services is to commence. Failure by the client to ensure that such payment reaches NWB by this date may result in the cancellation of the booking and forfeiture of any money previously paid.
5. The information/photographs on the Nu Woman Beauty list of websites has been compiled as accurately as possible at the time of going to press. However facilities or physical attributes may be ALTERED or WITHDRAWN at any time in which case neither NWB or consultants accepts any responsibility for such events.
6. If you find it necessary to cancel your booking this contract is legally binding and means that you will still be liable for the full cost of the booking. We therefore strongly recommend that you take out your own wedding insurance policy. Any cancellation must be made in writing and sent to NWB by Email, phone or Writing.
7. In the event of you cancelling your booking and you either have no insurance provision or the policy you have does not cover your reason for cancelling you must still pay the full cost of the booking to NWB. In such cases NWB will make every effort to rebook the period booked. If successful a refund of monies will be paid less an administration charge of £50 plus our booking fee and any banking / credit card charges associated with the booking. A deduction will also be made if the rebooking is subject to any promotional price reduction or if it is for a shorter period the application of such is at the sole discretion of NWB. If NWB is unable to rebook the booking then as stated above you will be liable to pay NWB the full cost.
8. On occasions it may be necessary for NWB to make a changes to your booking/consultant or a last minute alteration to your itinerary arrangements. In this event every effort will be made to provide alternative arrangements of comparable standard or a full refund of monies will be made but neither NWB or the consultant shall be under any other liability.
9. NWB reserves the right to refuse any booking and the consultant reserves the right to cancel any booking already made if consultant becomes unavailable subject to NWB refunding in full any sums you have paid but neither NWB or the Owner shall be under any other liability.
10. If the client fails to observe any of the conditions or if a client undertakes any kind of unruly drunken or anti-social behaviour then the consultant will have the right to vacate the booking premises at once without any recompense.
11. At all bookings where pets are permitted they must not be left unattended at any time and must never be allowed into the room where services are being delivered. It is also the sole responsibility of pet owners to ensure the safety of the consultant.
12. Once payment has been received and confirmation issued booking dates booked are non-transferable.
13. NWB endeavours to carry out everything possible to ensure that you have an enjoyable and successful service delivery, however should a problem occur the client must seek to obtain satisfaction from the consultant immediately during your booking. If this request is refused, then please telephone NWB immediately so that all reasonable steps may be taken to solve the problem. A problem cannot be resolved unless details are made known as soon as it is encountered.
14. If the client refuses service delivery as a result of any alleged dissatisfaction or makes any form of claim thereafter, and has not followed the procedure as above then no liability for any subsequent claim will be accepted or correspondence entered into. If on arrival client is not satisfied with the service delivery, NWB reserves the right to request the original or an alternative consultant to return and attend to matters. No compensation claim will be considered if problems are attended to within 12 hours of first being reported or before an event. It is the responsibility of the client to liaise any dissatisfaction with the Consultant/makeup artist/stylist at the point of booking. We use professional staff therefore expect an honest and open dialog from both parties.
15. Our published prices may change during the year. Brochure prices are correct at time of print only. For the most up-to-date prices email for a quotation.
16. If you pay by PayPal please note that we will pass on the charge made by the Paypal to us of 3.4% + 20p Payment by funds transfer has no additional charge.
17. Any dispute between the parties involved in the contract shall be settled according to English Law.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Nu Woman Hair and Beauty and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through the Nu Woman Hair and Beauty website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Nu Woman Hair and Beauty. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Sole interpretation of this will be by Nu Woman Beauty independant freelance Agents or Consultants
Updated Jan 2013